My research interests concern the Calculus of Variations and its application to Materials Science. In particular I have worked on models for quasistatic evolution of elastoplasticity coupled with damage, and of cohesive and brittle fractures. I am interested also in the mathematical treatment of fatigue, that may cause damage and rupture.
- A. Chambolle, V. Crismale, Phase-field approximation for a class of cohesive fracture energies with an activation threshold, Submitted
- A. Chambolle, V. Crismale, Existence of strong solutions to the Dirichlet problem for the Griffith energy, Submitted
- V. Crismale, Density in SBD and approximation of fracture energies, Accepted for publication on Atti Accad. Naz. Lincei Rend. Lincei Mat. Appl.
- R. Alessi, V. Crismale, G. Orlando, Fatigue effects in elastic materials with variational damage models: A vanishing viscosity approach, Accepted for publication on J. Nonlinear Sci.
- V. Crismale, On the approximation of SBD functions and some applications, Submitted
- A. Chambolle, V. Crismale, Compactness and lower semicontinuity in GSBD
Accepted for publication on J. Eur. Math. Soc. (JEMS)
- A. Chambolle, V. Crismale, A density result in GSBDp with applications to the approximation of brittle fracture energies
In press on Arch. Ration. Mech. Anal.
- V. Crismale, G. Orlando, A Reshetnyak-type lower semicontinuity result for linearised elasto-plasticity coupled with damage in W1,n, Nonl. Diff. Eqns. Appl. (NoDEA) 25 : Art. 16 (2018)
- V. Crismale, G. Lazzaroni, G. Orlando, Cohesive fracture with irreversibility: quasistatic evolution for a model subject to fatigue, Math. Models Methods Appl. Sci. (M3AS) 28, 1371-1412 (2018)
- V. Crismale, G. Lazzaroni, Quasistatic crack growth based on viscous approximation: a model with branching and kinking, Nonl. Diff. Eqns. Appl. (NoDEA) 24 : Art. 7 (2017)
- V. Crismale, Globally stable quasistatic evolutions for strain gradient plasticity coupled with damage
Ann. Mat. Pura Appl. 196, 641-685 (2017)
- V. Crismale, G. Lazzaroni, Viscous approximation of quasistatic evolutions for a coupled elastoplastic damage model
Calc. Var. Partial Differ. Equ. 55 : Art. 17 (2016)
- V. Crismale, Globally stable quasistatic evolution for a coupled elastoplastic–damage model
ESAIM Control Optim. Calc. Var. 22, 883-912 (2016)